Desperately in need of an armpit detox? There are many ways you can do it without putting yourself in any harm. And you don’t have to spend money on any fancy cosmetic product or check-in for any particular procedure. So want to find out all the ways on how to detox armpits safely? You can find all the tricks below.
What is an Armpit Detox?
A detox of the armpit would be a great way to eliminate toxins built up in that part of the skin. You could also be removing odor and improving the health of your armpit. There are several skin detox options available, and most people choose a mask made from special ingredients. The popular one is a mix of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar. You can also find others with a touch of coconut oil to help soothe the skin.
Benefits of an Armpit Detox
Aside from an improved smell, soothing skin, and the elimination of toxins, there are many other ways you could benefit from an armpit detox. And some of them include
Get Rid of Dead Cells and Bacteria
One of the benefits of a skin detox is that you eliminate dead cells and bacteria from the dermis. This could help prevent irritation, and with the amount of heat that builds up in the armpit, you can agree that it promotes the growth of bacteria. And slapping a homemade mask underneath the arm can help with eliminating toxins.
Serves as a Natural Deodorant
You also benefit from the natural deodorant that an armpit detox provides. Mask odor and also avoid the use of chemical products with simple homemade preparation.
Help with Soothing the Skin
Unique ingredients used in making the armpit detox remedy helps with soothing the skin. The bentonite clay is known to help relax the skin and get rid of dirt from the dermis. Coconut oil, too, helps with calming the skin and cleansing the dermal surface.
Read more about Mango Butter Benefits for Skin and Body
How to Detox Armpits with an Underarm Mask
There is no particular therapy other than to apply the mask onto the armpit as you would do on the face. But the hard part is getting the preparation right. And the ingredients required are nothing different than those you use in the home already. You can find the break down of the preparation below.
- One tablespoon of bentonite clay
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Two tablespoons of water
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl; it is best to use a wooden spoon for stirring so as not to compromise the bentonite clay or leave any toxicity behind.
- Keep on mixing until you achieve a thickness like that of yogurt (it should still hold a little liquid and not be in the form of a paste).
How to Use Armpit Detox Mask
Once you have successfully prepared the homemade armpit detox, you want to go ahead and apply it. You will have to do this properly, and the steps involved include
- Wash the armpit clean to remove any dirt on the skin’s surface and dry with a towel.
- Take a handful of the detox preparation and spread it under the armpit.
- You want to leave it on for five to ten minutes and rinse afterward.
- Reapply the mix a second time and leave for another ten minutes. This helps to get the skin used to the ingredients before leaving on for longer. You want to avoid using the mask for more than 30 minutes at a go.
- You should use warm water to wash the mixture off the skin and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat the procedure until there is no more odor or you no longer feel irritated by natural deodorants.
Potential Side Effects
While there are no detrimental effects of an armpit detox, you could suffer from skin irritation due to the ingredients used. Vinegar is known to cause dermal irritations, especially when you use undiluted variants. It is also possible to suffer from skin burns, so it is best to appropriately dilute your vinegar.
Read about Substitutes For Deodorant
Alternatives to Armpit Detox Mask
Not interested in a homemade deodorant? There are a lot of natural options available in the market. You want to ensure to pick the ones free from any toxic ingredients and great at masking odors. Use online reviews to find the best options available and ensure you shop directly from the manufacturers or a trusted seller.
You can follow the procedure above to learn how to detox armpits, and all you’ll need are bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar, and water.