There are numerous benefits of the tea tree essential oil on the lips, and one of them is its positive influence on skip therapy. Whether you are looking to get smoother, softer, rosier, or you need to heal a scarred lip, you can find it to be a miracle worker.
Getting your hands on the best quality tea tree oil is important if you want to get positive results in your therapy. But before I share with you how to make your homemade tea tree oil scrub for lips, let me quickly run through some of its benefits for the skin.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Body
Not only can tea tree oil help the lips look and feel better, but it can also equally be beneficial to the skin and other parts of the body. Below is a quick rundown of some of the magic the essential oil performs for skin and body care.
- Helps in the treatment of acne
- Could be a useful solution to body odor
- Helps to treat dandruff and other scalp related conditions
- It can also be used for exfoliating the skin to make it softer
- Can be used as a mouthwash
- Treat the problem of dry skin
- Helps with healing skin burns
- Treat fungus infections in the nails
- Effective solution for moisturizing the hair
While there are many other ways you stand to benefit from the use of tea tree oil, when it comes to treating chapped lips, you want to get the preparations right. You can find more on that below.
Read more about The Magic of Essential Oils In Treating Dry Mouth
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lips
You can either get the balm from the shop or online or buy online, but a better alternative may be to try out a homemade recipe. Below are the main ingredients you will need to get started.
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops of tea tree oil
- empty bottle
- You will need to melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter in a glass container dipped in a pot of boiling water. You have to keep stirring until all the ingredients settle together as a liquid.
- Turn off the heat and leave the glass container in the pot while adding essential oils to spice to your taste.
- Allow the residue to sit for a while, and once solidify, you can then take out for storage.
- The storage containers will need to be closed tightly to prevent air from compromising the balm.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil Balm
It could be as simple as applying it directly to the lip twice daily. But there are special treatment methods to try for a quicker result. You can adopt this secure and trusted method below.
- Wash your lips and clean with a dry cloth
- Get a small amount of the balm out with your finger and run it on your lips.
- Massage the balm gently deeply into the lips in a circular motion while resisting the urge to lick your lips.
- You should repeat this procedure twice daily at night, mostly because it is easier to prevent licking the lips and allows enough time for the tea tree oil to take effect.
You must get the best type of essential oils for lips and skin when looking to make a homemade preparation. If you opt to buy your stash from the internet, you should equally take caution to ensure you get the best.